Sunday, July 26, 2009

feathered friends




Last year 4 of us gals did a round robin. One of them I put chickadees on the last round, paper pieced from Margaret Rolfe's Animal Kingdom CD-ROM. Great book! Anyway, Joanne who is from Maine loved the Chickadees. Apparently they are the state bird of Maine. She wanted one. This is after I had to pick out stitches twice, then redraw the section and resew it! ugh! I said I won't ever do this block again. LOL. Well, I did. Joanne is such a good friend to me, so I made her three. Her husband is going to hang it in the breakfast nook and we'll see if she notices it. I have to sneak it to him.

2 comments:

Micki said...

I love paper piecing, and your projects are wonderful!
Micki

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Your Chickadees is adorable! Nice choices of fabrics in that. Glad to hear you hand quilt. I wish more people did that. I find it very relaxing, and am going crazy right now with nothing to hand quilt around.