Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Passage to Manhood-The Kappa Alpha Brotherhood at VA TECH


As some of you know, my son Adam attends VA TECH, but he is also a member of the Kappa Alpha Order. They are not called a fraternity. Anyway, I've been wanting to make him a quilt to combine the two and I finally came up with a design that I am very happy with. It measures 83 inches by 83 inches. The center is the KA cross, I used VT fabric, orange and crimson in the 32 blocks. A thin border of the same old gold in the cross, the VT fabric and it will be bound off in black.
It will cover a queen size mattress boys! And hopefully snuggle you in my love and prayers.


His Big Brother was and absolute God send for me, Patrick. So, I made him one also. I have to send them off to Glen to be quilted yet. Adam was disappointed that I would not be quilting it.


I sure hope Adam and Patrick like it! Made with a lot of love.

No comments: